Perfect-90º, a paper laminated composite tape from Strait-Flex, is twice as fast and twice as strong as conventional paper or mesh tapes. No compound is needed over finished surface. Perfect-90º ensures a clean, sharp corner without the risk of damage from a taping knife, will not shrink, and will not fuzz up during sanding. The tape’s outer edge features a diamond punch pattern for a superior bond, faster drying, with no rippling or blistering.
Run your taping knife over the surface of the drywall and remove any high spots. If the knife hits a screw head, set the screw a little deeper. Use a drywall rasp to clean up edges, if needed.
Measure wall height and subtract 1/2”. Measure and cut Perfect-90º using a scissors or utility knife.
(1) Fold Perfect-90º in half at center crease with print size facing each other.
(2) For intersecting corners, cut ends at 45º angles.
(3) For inside corners, fold less than desired angle with print side facing out.
Properly mix all-purpose compound per manufacturer’s directions. If applying Perfect-90º over painted surfaces, add Strait-Flex’s Super-Bond or latex paint to enhance bondability.
(4) With a 5”or 6” taping knife, apply a smooth, liberal coat of compound to corner.
(5) Press Perfect-90º into the wet compound. Adjust if necessary to create a straight line.
(6) Wipe down tight with taping knife using a little additional pressure on the outer edges of Perfect-90º. Let dry completely several hours or overnight.
Use taping knife to detect and remove any high spots or dried clumps of compound.
(7) Apply final coat to perforated edge only. No compound is needed over finished area of tape. It’s ready to paint.
Let dry completely over several hours or overnight.
(8) Sand lightly with 120 grit sandpaper. Perfect-90º will not fuzz-up like paper or mesh tapes.
Use a stainless steel mud pan to carry and re-mix compound as you work. Keeping your compound smooth and free of air pockets and dried clumps of compound, will deliver a smooth finish.
Have a five gallon bucket of water with a durable sponge handy for cleaning tools.
When painting, apply a base coat of drywall primer to seal the compound and assure an even paint finish.
|Instructions for Use||